For Trade WTT: Ocean Reef Neptune Space

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I would need the M/L. according to their web page.
The size difference is only on the skirt/seal, everything else is the same. So if you need to move up a size, you can just replace that one part.

The size difference is only on the skirt/seal, everything else is the same. So if you need to move up a size, you can just replace that one part.

I’ve heard that but I’ve never found a part number or price. Do you know how much they run? This is a nice mask!

I have a M/L G. Diver and I don't believe the only difference in sizing is simply the skirt. I've tried both sizes and couldn't dive a S/M because it was too small for my face. I've also picked up a replacement skirt and I think they run about $40-$50.

I have a M/L G. Diver and I don't believe the only difference in sizing is simply the skirt. I've tried both sizes and couldn't dive a S/M because it was too small for my face. I've also picked up a replacement skirt and I think they run about $40-$50.
I don't understand why you don't believe they are the same "visor", which is what they call the polycarbonate base that all Neptune Space and G.Divers are built on. One part number, all masks. You tried one with a S/M Face Seal, and it didn't fit, but the M/L Face Seal did. That is the difference.
That $40-$50 price sounds about right, depending on much or how many shipping charges are being covered by the price. (They don't have MSRP listed for parts, or I would quote you one.) Between G.Divers and Space, there are 7 colors in M/L and 5 colors in S/M available.

If anyone is buying one new, a note on the difference between G.Divers and Space: at first glance, it looks like the main difference is price - which isn't too far off. You can buy a G.Divers, add a couple of optional add-on parts, and wind up with what it basically a Space for quite a bit less. But..... they have described the limited lifetime warranty on the Space as something close to universal coverage. Scratch or crack the visor a couple years down the road? The Space is covered, the G.Divers is not. I can't find a printed copy of the warranty to cite chapter and verse, so at the moment we'll say that is just "my understanding."

I'm not going to jump on the phone with them about that, as I will figure it out soon enough when I see them at DEMA; especially since I need to replace the visor on my own Space the next time I service it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom