www.scubaboard.com hotlinking blocked!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zippsy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
"www.scubaboard.com hotlinking blocked"

Why oh why do I all of the sudden have a page full of signs that say this??? These large signs have replaced just about every hotlink on the page and it's pretty obnoxious. Have you run across this before??

BTW, the other day I finally managed to change to the "no graphics" choice and I was happily seeing the icons for a while. After the problem last night, I saw that I was back in graphics mode so I changed it again. Ever since I have had the stupid signs. Help!

Zippsy,

We have implemented hotlink protection to stop bandwidth abuse. If you are seeing the "www.scubaboard.com hotlinking blocked" image it means your browser is trying to load an image from an external page off the SB network. From your post it sounds like you are encountering this problem while viewing the board so let's go over a few facts.

1) What url are you using to access the board?
2) What is your browser name and version?
3) What is your operating system?
4) Do you have a software or hardware firewall such as a router, zonealarm, black ice, sygate firewall, norton system works or so forth?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom