X after latest Hydro Stamp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Culcuhain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Luxfer tank from 2/89 so it is the good alloy.
I just got it back from the Hydro and it has an X after the hydro date.
I know the bad allows get a VE after it (have one), I am not sure about the X
Thanks!

Where the "X" is should be "VE" !!!

My guess is that, though not required for your cylinder, the hydro station did perform a VE but are too !@#$% stupid to fully understand the regs:

Hazardous Materials: Aluminum Cylinders Manufactured of Aluminum Alloy 6351-T6 Used in SCUBA, SCBA, and Oxygen Services--Revised Requalification and Use Criteria | Federal Register Environmental Documents | USEPA

An example of the markings prescribed in this paragraph (d) is as follows:

A1
9 06 X

Where:

``9'' is the month of requalification

``A123'' is the RIN

``06'' is the year of requalification, and

``X'' represents the symbols described in paragraphs (f)(2) through (f)(9) of this section.

(f)(9) For designation of the eddy current examination combined with a visual inspection, the marking is as illustrated in paragraph (d) of this section, except the ``X'' is replaced with the letters ``VE.''

My suggestion: go back to the hydro shop with regs in hand and ask for the owner/manager and tell them they !@#$% up your cylinder with a improper marking. Then ask for it to be corrected and your money back as the cost of you educating them on the regulations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom