x-knife (dive xtras)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raposarose

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been thinking about getting the little x-knife by Dive Xtras. Anyone have experience with that knife? It seems small, usable, and durable. I worry a little bit about whether it would be able to fall out of that sheath though.

Any opinions from anyone that has seen or used that knife would be appreciated. Any reason why I shouldn't get this knife as opposed to some others?

All the best!

raposarose:
Hello all,

I have been thinking about getting the little x-knife by Dive Xtras. Anyone have experience with that knife? It seems small, usable, and durable. I worry a little bit about whether it would be able to fall out of that sheath though.

Any opinions from anyone that has seen or used that knife would be appreciated. Any reason why I shouldn't get this knife as opposed to some others?

All the best!

I bought one last spring, the knife is very well put together and seems to be very durable. If I recall correctly the knife is actually made by Victronix (the original swiss army knife manufacturer). I've done about 25 dives with the knife, it does stay securely in the sheath.

Thanks for the response. I am glad to see that someone out there has tried the knife. I haven't seen an option that I prefer to it so chances are I'll go ahead and pick one up. I hope that some store around here has one though, because at 5th dimension the $7 shipping seems like a lot of a small knife.

My friend has one of those, all I can say is that I want one too. It cut thru 2in webbing like butter, in two strokes. small and usefull.

Hey,

I got this knife but the edge is not serrated as it was shown online. It is completely smooth, though sharp. I expected it to be serrated as shown, which seems useful for some applications? Thoughts? Have the knives that you have seen from them had serrated edges?

raposarose:
Hey,

I got this knife but the edge is not serrated as it was shown online. It is completely smooth, though sharp. I expected it to be serrated as shown, which seems useful for some applications? Thoughts? Have the knives that you have seen from them had serrated edges?

I think I would be very disappointed if I were you, and probably send it back.

Serrated blades are better for rough cutting, and stay a lot sharper for a lot longer. 'Course, if you ever do have to sharpen one, you have a problem...

Since you want this knife to be able to easily cut through just about anything you encounter, a serrated blade would help if cutting through rope, fishing nets, etc.

You should take a look in the DIY section. Betty crocker knife, cut-off, and a piece of webbing stiched together by a shoe repairman, and there ya go.

I'm personally using shears until I happen to walk by a good betty crocker knife and remember to buy it.

Send it back, its not what you bought! The one I saw was serrated a non serrated knife isnt gonna last. It is BS that they would send that to you. I too am looking for a BC, or victorinox knife but havent found them, well I did find it but on line, and it was like 26 buck for a small set.

Yes, I do want to send it back. I also don't want to have to pay the shipping for it since their advertising clearly says and shows a serrated edge. It's a pain to have to deal with this hassle since the knife is already kind of expensive for what it is...

Thanks for the input. I wonder why they would send this version of the knife to me...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom