X-Vision Liquid Skin (Silver Skirt)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wick

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I had a X-Vision Liquid Skin with a silver skirt and a silver/black frame. I got it when it first came out. Well, I was cleaning glass at the aquarium and I noticed in the reflection that bubble were coming out from behind the frame around the nose area. After the dive I inspected it and found a small pin size hole between the two types of silicon used in the liquid skin mask.

I took the mask back to my dive store and they sent it back to Mares for a replacement since it was still under warranty.

When the mask came back it had a black skirt and a silver/black frame. The silicon that meets the face does not feel as soft as the silver skirt version I sent back, or the clear skirt one I also have. This leads me to several questions:

What happened to the silver skirt version of the mask?

Why is the mask not as soft as the other liquid skins?

I do not find the mask as pleasing to wear as my other liquid skins. I feels more like my old X-Vision masks.

Wick,

We reversed the colors becuase we received positive feedback on the black skirt. In addition the silver showed some streaks which created cosmetic complaints. They softness should be the same, but sometimes different colors do have a slight different feel.

Drop me a PM with an email and we will try to work something out for you.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom