X-vision Liquid Skin??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say clean the new mask well with a non abrasive detergent, warm water, and a non abrasive cloth. I use baby shampoo on my mares lenses as an anti-fog agent. It beats anything I have tried including everything commercial and spit. Sometimes I just finger baby shampoo on the lens, jump in while the shampoo is wet, then rinse the mask after and I enter the water and go. I do this in both salt and fresh water. Your mileage may vary.

I have had good luck with toothpaste and an old toothbrush.............

M

I have had good luck with toothpaste and an old toothbrush.............

M

That's what I have used on my other mask and it has always worked pretty good, I've been told that some mask have anti fog treatments on the lenses and thought I would make sure the Mares did'nt before I scrubbed it off!:D

I would say clean the new mask well with a non abrasive detergent, warm water, and a non abrasive cloth. I use baby shampoo on my mares lenses as an anti-fog agent. It beats anything I have tried including everything commercial and spit. Sometimes I just finger baby shampoo on the lens, jump in while the shampoo is wet, then rinse the mask after and I enter the water and go. I do this in both salt and fresh water. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to try some baby shampoo and see what kind of results I get.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom