XALER method of Breathing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.:
It took a little longer than I thought :D

Basically what the XALER system is a reminder to RELAX a little.

Don’t go into the water so up tight that you think every fish out there is related to Jaws and the 30’ bottom is a bottomless pit. No matter how deep the water is you can always swim just as deep as you want to and the fish look a lot bigger.

RELAX, from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet, relax. We spent roughly the first 9 mounts of our lives in water so knowing that, a few minutes in all that fancy gear is no big deal, RELAX.

Believe it or not, the water is your friend. The only true enemy you have down there is a DIONAMUH. They worry about things they don’t need to and they don’t worry about things they should. So if you can get that DIONAMUH to stay calm the world will be a much safer and better place.

It has already been said but remember diving and air consumption is not a competition. It’s a journey.

Relax, enjoy and have fun.

Gary D.

Im glad to hear that. I went on a 6 pack in Key Largo this past fall. I always used more air. The snickers kinda hurt my feelings. Some of the other ppl were boasting about skip breathing. I didnt really wanna try it. I have some anxiety when Im gearing up. As soon as I hit the water Im fine so now I try to get in there ahead of everyone else and just float around and relax. Im a water rat. I think just all the hustle and bustle of gearing up in a crowd gets on my nerves. Im still a hoover tho :/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom