Xcalak, Banco Chinchorro trip 2nd week of July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lthomas132

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
XTC Dive center XTC DIVE CENTER | Scuba diving, Snorkelling, Fishing and Excursions in Xcalak, Costa Maya Mexico has a trip planned, and enough people to do a trip to Banco Chinchorro the 2nd week of July 2014. I was trying to find someone that was planning or wanted to do this trip (my dive buds can't). Fly into Cancun, split a rent car, drive, maybe a night spent somewhere along the way. I am flexible as far as arrival and departure as long as we get there the weekend before that week and leave the next weekend or later. I've got a price from Costa de Cocos Costa de Cocos Resort - Xcalak, Mexico - Beauty and Tranquility at the End of the Road Less Traveled (just down the beach from XTC) for $70/night for 1 week/room. XTC is the only dive shop that has permits to dive at Banco Chinchorro, regardless of what others say. I am a laid back diver; dive a couple of tanks in the morn, lunch, nap, few beers in the afternoon, dinner, sleep:D. They have some great local reefs and cenotes if the weather is too tough to make it to Chinchorro. If interested, let me know soon. My email: lthomas132@sbcglobal.net

Man, that sounds like a great trip. Hope you get a shot at Banco Chinchorro. If not, Xcalak will be great in itself.

If you haven't already decided on a car rental, I recommend Easyway. They were great. Unlimited miles, and we made sure and purchased the full coverage insurance. We woke up one morning to find that someone had side-swiped our car during the night. We were pretty nervous about it (being in a foriegn county and all of the horror stories you hear), but Easyway couldn't have been easier to deal with. We called them and let them know when we found the damage, and when we turned the car in, they were really cool about it. No problems whatsoever.

Anyway, good luck on your trip. I know you'll have a blast. I sure wish I could back, but just can't swing it right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom