XDeep Boltsnaps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a couple free after a long backorder. I like them. Not sure they are worth the price diff though. They are boltsnaps.

They are great. The only negative is that the snap hook diameter is a tad too small so it is possible to get them tightly jammed when clipped into my rebreather frame. With oc where you only clip to D rings they are fantastic. In Europe the price difference is smaller.

Handy replacement for small boltsnaps with fiddley gates. I use one for my primary clip-off which is much easier to thumb with thick gloves. I haven't bothered switching out the larger 1" snaps on my SPG or stages as these are pretty straightforward forward by vertue of size.

IMG_20191008_075737.jpg

With blue gloves and wool liners, I can't imagine a need, or a desire, to insert my finger into a bolt snap.

Do they have a tendency to "cut" drygloves like some of the others do? I noticed the thumbs of drygloves tend to wear out rather quickly from clipping/clipping

Not so much. They work smoothly and finishing is good. Also the design probably helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom