XDEEP Dump Valve Handle Extension (3D printable)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v-v

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,

I've recently bough the XDEEP NX Project set and I really love it, especially the harness.
However, I had difficulties grabbing the dump valve handle of my wing with gloves. The original handle proved to be a bit small and elusive for my poor frontal lobe.

So, for the next dive, I designed (in FreeCAD) a set of two hemispheres with the idea of completely engulfing the original small handle and extend it to a 40mm sphere:

bOaW1kN.jpg

8LluGtU.jpg

dyJuznP.jpg

The idea was to make a non-invasive, reversible alteration to the handle that can be removed either if one consider a larger handle a potential hazard for a particular penetration dive or if one wish to sell the wing at some point. This way the original handle is well protected and completely unharmed inside and the alteration of the handle can be 100% reversed :)

One would need to print two hemispheres and two pins. The pins are designed loose to allow for glue placement around them though I also glued the flat surfaces of the two hemispheres and would recommend the same.

From what I've seen, it seems that XDEEP uses the same handle on all their wings so it might be useful for other models too. It also looks like a standard handle so it might also fit other dump valves. That I wouldn't know.

I've uploaded the models on thingverse:
XDEEP Dump Valve Handle Extension Sphere by vdashv

in case anybody might find this useful and wishes to recreate the handle modification.

Available also in tech black :wink:

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom