XDEEP EX1 fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the Xdeep EX1 fins myself and have been diving with them since this past summer. I was looking for a shorter blade jet-style fin and since I was already purchasing an xdeep zen bcd, adding those to my order was pretty cheap and I decided to try them out despite not being able to find a lot of feedback on the product back then.
I don't have experience with other jet-style fins to put them in perspective, so keep that in mind, but overall I have been pleased with the fins. I have the medium stiffness version (although there are no markings on the fins themselves to confirm that this is indeed the case). If my memory serves well, they weigh 2.6-2.7 kg for the pair in the size XL I use. They are negatively buoyant, but not excessively so, and I've used them in warm water just fine.
I find they have adequate power for both frog and flutter, are not so heavy that my legs get overly tired when finning harder in current, and find the stiffness level of the blade to be sufficient for control, while not overly hard so as to cause excessive cramping.
Obviously, this is quite subjective, but I have used the fins in both warm water (Hawaii) and also in cold water (Boston) and have been satisfied with their performance.
If useful and I find some time over the next couple of days, I can post pictures of the fins alongside other models I have for reference as to length, foot pocket shape, and general appearance comparison. The other fins I currently have to compare are a pair of regular Apeks RK3 (size large), and Mares Power Plana (size XXL, which I use for drysuit diving).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom