xDeep just released their regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I've had my first dive with the regs.

And all I can say is, the ease of breathing is incredible.
and the smoothness.

Also, the compactness of the first stage makes it a breeze to set it up.

I went down to 30m, no change in feeling in breathing. I was diving them with the resistance increased all the way up. and just backed down a bit at depth to decrease the resistance.

Never felt like I needed to open up the flow completely.

And compared to my old Apeks XTX200, there is actually quite a difference from the resistance all the way up and all the way open. Also, the venturi lever quite noticeably works.

Some mandatory pics.

0000_0000_00000000(6).jpg

@drakcheslav thanks for sharing the first impressions and pictures. How do you plan to service them or have them serviced? I have not found any info on either places that can service them or where to buy the service kit

@drakcheslav thanks for sharing the first impressions and pictures. How do you plan to service them or have them serviced? I have not found any info on either places that can service them or where to buy the service kit

My club is an xdeep dealer, so I plan to do it like that.

But judging from the look of it, it looks like an Seac regulator, and afaik, there should not be any proprietary dimensions if you plan on servicing it yourself.

But from them, you should go though your dealer for servicing, either for the kits, or just sending it back to the factory for regular service

Do you think they will do a yoke version or will I have to get an adapter?
Are those adapters safe?
Do they sell the 2nd stage alone for secondary?
AFAIK, there will not be a INT or DIN300 version.

The adapters should be safe enough. But most of the valves should have the removable core to be used with DIN.

And I think they sold the as first stage, second stage, and a set first+second with or w/o hoses

It is made in Italy so it may well be manufactured by Mares

Not necessarily, there are other regulator manufactures/factories there that do the actual manufacturing of regulators.

I believe it's made by Seac.
The thread wheel is the same, use of clear diaphragms and the din cap is the same as Seacs.

I believe it's made by Seac.
The thread wheel is the same, use of clear diaphragms and the din cap is the same as Seacs.
Are you saying it is the same design as the Seac? Or that Seac manufactures it for them? And are we talking about both the first and second stages? As I've never seen anything like the first stage before.

No, the design is their own. And it's completely unique.

It's just some od the off the shelf parts are what seac uses.

Probably the same moulding to save on costs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom