Xdeep Tec. Could not deflate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Josh the diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So today I was diving and my the bungee cord that keeps my bladder rapped around me broke. So one side started tacoing and created a high point that I could not vent. My buddy had to press on the wing to vent that part. I wondered if I rolled on to my back if it would of helped vent it through the inflater valve. What should I do if this happens again? It almost caused me to have a rapid ascent.

This isn't a direct answer, but I always make sure my buoyancy is never more positive than I can kick-down from and/or reduce my lung-volume to 20%. Part of the reason is I have a little too much experience diving with a BCD that had significant issues with trapping air.

Could you reach to your side, up towards your lower back, and grab your Wing?

This isn't a direct answer, but I always make sure my buoyancy is never more positive than I can kick-down from and/or reduce my lung-volume to 20%. Part of the reason is I have a little too much experience diving with a BCD that had significant issues with trapping air.

Could you reach to your side, up towards your lower back, and grab your Wing?

i might of been able to reach. I know I have flexibility issues in my drysuit. I did not really understand the problem while I was underwater.

i might of been able to reach. I know I have flexibility issues in my drysuit. I did not really understand the problem while I was underwater.
I definitely understand the feeling. When you're surrounded by equipment, a dive-mask, etc many things become far more difficult complicated and confusing. Flexiblity changes, visiblity changes, and items when the harness is unequipped aren't exactly where you might expect when equipped.

When I first switched to backplate, it took me a few weeks to realize why I was having so much trouble finding where all of my clipped-off gear was while underwater. It's easy to forget (or not realize) you have zero core-flexiblity with a full backplate. Since then, I've started practicing on land, in my gear (including mask, usually minus the tank(s)), reaching for various equipment, d-rings, straps, etc without looking so I can consistently find and clip off items. I also used this for finding better locations for gear. I've also carried this over to my sidemount setup, where I try to practice doing things without looking.

It's not 100% identical to what it's like during a dive, but it's also lower-maintenance, and you're not using limited air or dive-time to do that practice.

you wouldn't have to go on your back, just roll to where the oral inflator is at the highest point and it will come out. One of the many reasons I can't stand the stock x-deep wings

Or turn head down and dump out of the butt dump. As you're sidemount, roll on to your back and you should be able to grab the tip of the wing.

Back
Top Bottom