XLarge spring straps...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zbskii

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey I have a set of the L xs scuba spring straps on a set of XL SP twinjets. If I jam my foot into the pocket and really pull on the strap I can get it over my heel, but it seems to me it's too small. Is there an XL version available? How much extension past my heel should there be? Several other people at my shop have had to cut the cave line inside the spring, is that a viable option?

Stick your foot in the fin, measure post to post around your heel. A good fit with a spring strap should be approx 1" LESS than that measurement. There are XL spring straps available (check any online retailer like LeisurePro just to see what's out there) which usually measure in at around 14 3/4" post to post. And make sure you get one that will match the size of your fin posts.

Hello Zbskii:
Our Spring Straps are available in three different sizes: FP08 - 8" Springs, FP10 - 10" Springs and FP12 - 12" Springs. I guess you have the FP10 size and suggest you try the longer FP12 size. The cave line acts to limit the stretch of the SS springs. I don't suggest that you cut it.

zbskii:
Hey I have a set of the L xs scuba spring straps on a set of XL SP twinjets. If I jam my foot into the pocket and really pull on the strap I can get it over my heel, but it seems to me it's too small. Is there an XL version available? How much extension past my heel should there be? Several other people at my shop have had to cut the cave line inside the spring, is that a viable option?

XS Scuba:
Hello Zbskii:
Our Spring Straps are available in three different sizes: FP08 - 8" Springs, FP10 - 10" Springs and FP12 - 12" Springs. I guess you have the FP10 size and suggest you try the longer FP12 size. The cave line acts to limit the stretch of the SS springs. I don't suggest that you cut it.
Nope, I've got the Large, FP-12's. They're too small, at least with twinjets and my big feet. Maybe consider making some XLs for us bigfeet?

zbskii:
Nope, I've got the Large, FP-12's. They're too small, at least with twinjets and my big feet. Maybe consider making some XLs for us bigfeet?

Hi zbskii. The maximum extension, when measured from buckle to buckle on the XS Scuba FP-12 straps is about 17". If you are requiring a strap much larger than that, there can only be two causes......either you have gigantic feet (maybe 15 or 16) or your fins do not fit your feet. If you use a fin that is too small, you cannot get much boot penetration into the fin. This would cause the appearance of needing a much longer spring strap than normal. Even if you can find one, it would not cure the problems associated with the fin being too small. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

I make spring straps, occasionally I have to use longer springs. but that typically takes someone with big feet & real heavy boots, such as 7mm wet suit boots or Rock boots, to require the longer ones.

I've got scuba pro twin jets, xl. I do have huge feet, but I think there's two problems, comparing to my friends turtle fins. The twinjets have their mounting points further back than most fins, and as was mentioned before the fin pockets are a bit too small for my drysuit.

I have XL TwinJets, and made my own straps. I had the same problem with the standard MC 12" springs...they were just too short. I fabricated a clip of 20ga. S.S. sheet with just some rudimentary hand tools here at our apartment, and attached them with s.s. screws. The strap measures about 17" unstretched from post to post. I can e-mail a photo if you like, but have to admit I'm not sure how to post a photo here!

Dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom