XS Scuba Fog Recon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking for a Dive Knife and found this one that is a combo Knife and Shears.. I was curious if anyone has one and could advise if this is a good "All in one" type of tool. I like the concept but wanted to know if anyone has used this out on a dive.

Thanks,

I would like to know too, it looks nice, I am very picky about knives. I just cant find the one I like at the size I like.

>--Zen-Archer-->:
I am looking for a Dive Knife and found this one that is a combo Knife and Shears.. I was curious if anyone has one and could advise if this is a good "All in one" type of tool. I like the concept but wanted to know if anyone has used this out on a dive.

Thanks,

I almost bought the fog recon. I really liked how the knife released from the sheath. However after reading the other thread on knife vs shears I went with a Zeagle toolkit that has both. It just feels safer and more effective to wield a set of shears instead of a knife. Also I am finally taking stress and rescue, which further confirms a decision to at least have shears with me.

The shears won't last forever but are inexpensive to replace. If you search on ebay for "medicut" you can get them cheap. I got 7 shears for $15 inc. shipping and choice of color.

Good Luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom