XS scuba manifold??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has any divers heard any feedback on the XS scuba manifold? I've heard good notes on the Halcyon, and Thermo, but nothing yet on them.... :idk:

These being new to the market, I wanted to see if any divers have dove them?

I have done searches via Google, but come up short, any feedback would be much appreciated... :confused:

Thanks,

MG

Last edited:
XS is Thermo.....

Apparently not, I called and spoke to XS scuba regarding Thermo and XS scuba manifolds. Thermo valves use to ship out with the Worthington tanks, back in 2007 when I got my tanks, I got Thermo valves.

As my friends got their Worthington tanks 2009, I noticed that the valve looked the same but had a more rubber nob, and XS imprinted on the back instead of Thermo.

According to the rep, the XS manifold uses steal bushings rather than copper and a hex design on the dip valve for ease of removing. Also they say it is 1 1/2 turns to get the valve off/on.

If I order my complete set of doubles from them, they ship out with the XS scuba manifold and Highland bands. If you want a Thermo manifold, you must request it on the order.

I dive Thermo on my single tanks, no problem, just want feedback on the new XS manifold before I make my choice.

Anyone out there have a XS manifold?

Thanks,

MG

I have one, I have not put enough hours on it yet to be an authority, looks ok to me.... :D

According to the rep, the XS manifold uses steal bushings rather than copper and a hex design on the dip valve for ease of removing. Also they say it is 1 1/2 turns to get the valve off/on.

All that sounds remarkably like what I (think) I remember reading about Thermo Valves ....?

See bottom of page:

Modular Valves

and here:

http://www.thermovalves.com/news.htm

More XS Scuba valve info:

XS Scuba XS Isolation Manifold - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Henrik

Apparently not, I called and spoke to XS scuba regarding Thermo and XS scuba manifolds. Thermo valves use to ship out with the Worthington tanks, back in 2007 when I got my tanks, I got Thermo valves.

As my friends got their Worthington tanks 2009, I noticed that the valve looked the same but had a more rubber nob, and XS imprinted on the back instead of Thermo.

If I order my complete set of doubles from them, they ship out with the XS scuba manifold and Highland bands. If you want a Thermo manifold, you must request it on the order.

I dive Thermo on my single tanks, no problem, just want feedback on the new XS manifold before I make my choice.

Anyone out there have a XS manifold?

Thanks,

MG

Try to stay consistent on valves so you aren't ordering different parts for all over.

The 1.5 turns to turn on-off is a gimmick. The XS scuba valves have a thicker stem packing so the knob just stops sooner. Otherwise the HP seat is the same.

Thermos have a copper crush washer. This cannot be functionally replaced with steel. I'm not sure who's telling you what, but the XS scuba valves use an Oring sealed bonnet, not a crush washer at all.

Many other manifolds, like halcyon's and diverites also use oring sealed bonnet nuts. I suspect XS valves are made by the same Italian firm making these branded valves (XS scuba doesn't actually make much of anything.)

buy whatever, brand is not important in this case - just as long as its barrel sealed on the crossbar its fine.

If I order my complete set of doubles from them...

Who is the "them" you are buying from? It's one thing if someone's running some kind of package deal, but why are THEY telling YOU what you're gonna get.

I buy tanks from my LDS, and I tell them what tanks, valves, bands, etc I want on them.

XS scuba distributes and sells a couple kinds of valves. Thermos are 1, their own branded line another.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

Henrik

Who is the "them" you are buying from? It's one thing if someone's running some kind of package deal, but why are THEY telling YOU what you're gonna get.

I buy tanks from my LDS, and I tell them what tanks, valves, bands, etc I want on them.

I am buying from my LDS, and letting them know what I'd like.... Just never posted the name of the shop, since it disturbs some other LDS in the area, when I pass info about my shop, don't want any labeling to occur... :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom