Xstream Duration *without OPV*. Where I can buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

e zi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Xstream Duration without OPV -
Where I can buy?

I have 3 sets of them (for Tec.Dive), & I want another 2.
But, all Poseidon has to offer is the new model with built-in OPV.

:no:

I do not lose a port anyway: The OPV is on the base of the 1st stage reg.
But, it is stupid to put that OPV on the 1st stage:

1) In case of any level of free-flow from the OPV on your back you cannot see it. Maybe "your buddy" ..or maybe "you can hear it" ..& maybe not.

2) The OPV is required just as long as you use the Xstream 2nd stage reg. If you use, for example, APEKS 2nd stage on the Xstream 1st stage reg. you do not need that OPV at all.

3) I have 3 sets of Xstream without OPV. In that case, the hose has the OPV on the connector to the 2nd stage. In that case, if I buy the MK3 with OPV built-in on the 1st stage, I need to mix 2 types of 1st reg. & 2 types of hoses in my tool-box. which leaves me less redundancy on equipment.

my jetstreams have opv on the hose and one on the first stage. Trust me when I say you can hear an opv go off. I haven't had one from a jetstream, but I had an argon bottle give at one point and it's loud as hell. It looked like the duration had a big orange thing on the side of the first stage which is what I assumed was the opv. Mine is on the bottom of the first stage but I have the older ones. You don't need to mix multiple opv's, if one goes, having a second one is not going to hurt anything. I didn't know they made any of the first stages without the opv's built in. If you have 3 sets of them without opv's, just order the same model number

e zi, you will probably have to buy old Poseidon equipment used. You can search eBay, Craigslist, ScubaBoard or some local scuba forum. You just have to watch for something good to appear.

Happy hunting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom