Xtar D26 1600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with you 100 percent but no harm in asking. This might be the first time i use alibaba
You can find the light for $65 or so on eBay, for the $89 you can get it with a battery and charger, free shipping too.

You can find the light for $65 or so on eBay, for the $89 you can get it with a battery and charger, free shipping too.

Might do that! Are the XTAR batteries any good????

Might do that! Are the XTAR batteries any good????
I haven’t had them long enough to say, I have the 1100 and the battery lasted for several hours in the bucket test, storms are keeping me out of the ocean so no real world testing yet.

what makes me stay away fron Xstar, is the lack of distributors. I bought Orcatorch, because i could buy from Amazon, Piranhadive, or somewhere else, and have a real contact. Xstar in their web page, shows a link to buy theirs lights , and instead of a light, direct you to a battery charger...:facepalm:

Well I thought I needed another light but decided against the wreck specialty the price was too high. Probably will be buying the light this year just not now.

Preliminary results are promising.

I received the new version of the D26 1600 yesterday.
[...]
Looking inside the new light, the design of the spring in the butt is totally different than in the original. What I can see in the head end looks the same, but I guess that doesn't really tell me anything.

After quite lengthy delays and a lost shipment, I finally got my D26 1600 yesterday. I charged the battery, left it in there during the night and checked it with my Xtar Dragon, it was at 73%. So I fear that I have one of the old, defective lights.

@stuartv can you share a picture of the new light with the updated spring and as a comparison one of your old light? I attached a picture of mine. On the red head portion, there is a date visible and on mine it's 2018-11-27 which I take to be the manufacturing date.

I guess I'll have to reach out to them as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20190207_081043.jpg
    IMG_20190207_081043.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 105
After quite lengthy delays and a lost shipment, I finally got my D26 1600 yesterday. I charged the battery, left it in there during the night and checked it with my Xtar Dragon, it was at 73%. So I fear that I have one of the old, defective lights.

@stuartv can you share a picture of the new light with the updated spring and as a comparison one of your old light? I attached a picture of mine. On the red head portion, there is a date visible and on mine it's 2018-11-27 which I take to be the manufacturing date.

I guess I'll have to reach out to them as well.
Where did you order yours ftom?

I also wanna get anothee D26 and the 1600 sounds awesome. How do one guarantee to get the updated 1600 version though?

I also wanna get anothee D26 and the 1600 sounds awesome. How do one guarantee to get the updated 1600 version though?
Wait couple of years for old version to sell out?
OK, not much of a joke, but why all the hype? I have "old" version of D26 and I'm quite happy. I understand there are some improvements in new D26, but are they worth the risk?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom