XTX200 Reg and Replacement Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Purge

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm currently diving an XTX200 Reg & XTX50 Octo with standard (Apeks supplied) hose lengths. However, I would like to change the hose configeration to a Miflex short hose with necklace on the XTX200 and a Miflex long hose on the XTX50. If I switch the hoses out will there be any issues (warranty or otherwise)?

Don't think they'll be any issues, although the miflex longhose has some undesirable characteristics, it's very floaty, twists easy and can be abrasive against the neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When installing the new hoses, be sure that the o-rings are properly seated. I believe the torque specification on the hoses for the Apeks regs is 40 inch pounds. Not a bad idea to use a torque wrench if you aren't sure, but most people will just snug it up with a wrench. Keep in mind that 40 inch pounds is only just a bit more than finger tight.

There won't be any warranty issues (although possibly, if you overtighten the hoses) as changing hoses falls under normal use of a regulator.

There won't be any warranty issues
for the long hose make sure its rubber its better than miflex ,miflex keep floating around your neck
for the short hose you can get miflex
the torque should be 4.5 newton meter or 4o inch pound
be careful to crack the heat exchange when you installing the long hose , block the heat exchanger don't let it turn as it need only 3newton meter or 26 inch pound , bit of force can crack it
thanks to Simon he teach me all
heat exchanger copy.jpg

just for clarity, there is very little risk of cracking the heat exchanger when tightening it. What happens when you tighten it too much is that the entire spindle spins and in doing so cracks the plastic blanking piece.

However, there is no reason to remove the heat exchanger to change a hose, just don't let it move (as mentioned) when loosening or tightening the hose.

Thanks Guys for the feed back!
So, no Miflex hoses eh?

I have miflex on our 3 sets of XTX200 and XTX40 Octo. In fact the XTX40 comes with miflex standard, I switched the Egress out after 2 years and many free flows.

Late to the party, but I use Miflex-esque hoses for all except when using a 7' primary as its too floaty and twisty but for all others I like them. When you put on new hose it's a good idea to remove the purge cover just to make sure you haven't twisted the spindle, it's very easy to do even when using specified torque settings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom