Xtx200 vs hollis 100lx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZAlex820

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone. I'm looking into buying a new 1st and 2nd stage this weekend and can't decide if I should go with an Apex xtx200 or the Hollis 100LX. I can get either for about the same cost so aside from that what do you guys think? Thanks

Apeks XTX 50 and be done with it. Xtx200 I have and is only really a cosmetic difference and Venturi assist or whatever it’s called.

@ZAlex820 , XTX 200 if removable valve seat is important to you. If not, go with "lesser" XTX series. I have DST/50 combo. They all breathe the same. There is some difference in hose routing though. For Hollis, I can't help you. Since, you're in the USA, servicing is consideration too.

Apeks, if only because service network is far wider given they are now owned by AL. FTR I dive Apeks, amongst others, zero complaints save the twisty barrel but unless you self service that's a conversation for another thread.

Apeks XTX 50 and be done with it. Xtx200 I have and is only really a cosmetic difference and Venturi assist or whatever it’s called.

The XTX 50/100 and 200 second stages are identical save cosmetics. The first stages all use the same service kit. The FSR has a replaceable crown, the others do not. The other main differences aside from hose routing are swivel turret UST and DST, the US4 and DS4 only have one hp port. The newer FSR, FST and DST can have a 5th port added. The US- versions are unsealed.

Thank you all for the replies. Reason i bring this up is because i can either get the hollis 1st and 2nd for $400 or the xtx 200 for the same amount. Ive had my mind set on the xtx 50's for a while now but they would cost more then what i can get xtx 200 for right now.

Old thread I know, but why is apeks considered so much better? Other than service. I dive hollis 200lx/dcx but am interested in apeks. I like my hollis regs but since the buyout am on the fence about hollis in general. I will be getting into doubles soon and need to decide whether to get another hollis set or two apeks xtx sets.

Old thread I know, but why is apeks considered so much better? Other than service. I dive hollis 200lx/dcx but am interested in apeks. I like my hollis regs but since the buyout am on the fence about hollis in general. I will be getting into doubles soon and need to decide whether to get another hollis set or two apeks xtx sets.

there are a myriad of reasons, but the Hollis regs are no different than any of the other Taiwanese regs but cost about twice as much. Compound that with the impossibility of getting parts kits for them if you want to DIY and it's not even a discussion worth having. If you have Hollis and like them, there is no reason to sell and switch, but if you are in the market, then it's not a brand that IMO should even be on the table for discussion

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom