XTX50 Faceplate not centering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomcatbubba

Trimix Instructor | Master Instructor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
OK, forgive the anal retentiveness but......I took my XTX50 that was configured left handed for sidemount to my local authorized service center to have it switched to right side for backmount doubles. For some reason both the shop and I cannot get the Apeks logo / purge button centered (see photo). Not that it matters much, but it was centered when I purchased it new and brought it to the shop. No matter where I start the threads, the logo ends up in the same place. Any thoughts on what we are doing wrong? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1552.JPG
    IMG_1552.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 127
Thanks T- a light cleaning and a little lube did the trick. The simple things we often overlook......

no problem, fairly annoying fact of life with plastic threads, you want to avoid lubing anything that can be exposed to the environment because it will force it to attract dust/dirt/sand etc, but if you don't, the plastic threads won't slip. Teflon tape does the same thing but can be annoying to clear out of the threads if it gets shredded like it is prone to doing

Don't bother lining up the purge button logo --just make sure the cover is screwed on snug with whatever rotation the purge button ends up in. If you install & screw it in too tight just to accommodate a "cosmetic" logo orientation, it will seize-up & make it more difficult to unscrew the faceplate next time. . .

Last edited:
Don't bother lining up the purge button logo --just make sure the cover is screwed on snug with whatever rotation the purge button ends up in. If you install & screw it in too tight just to accommodate a "cosmetic" logo orientation, it will seize-up & make it more difficult to unscrew the faceplate next time. . .

one of th eproblems with the XTX series though is that the purge button isn't round, so if it isn't centered it can be a little weird to try to hit if you are expecting it to be somewhere and it isn't. They are designed to go on straight, if they don't get in it is usually because they there is something preventing the threads from progressing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom