XZ2 flash modes with TTL strobe - sanity check

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5teve

Registered
Reaction score
HI Guys

Looking at getting 2 new strobes for my xz2 - was looking at a pair of ys-250's but by all accounts I can only use these in manual (and they are a bit big! - looking to the future though!) currently using a single manual ys-27dx

My other option is a pair of ys-d2's - which have optical ttl - saves me fidding with the flashes in theory.

Now just been playing with the xz2 and noticed in Aperture priority (my go to mode on this and my dslr) I can set auto flash (ttl) or select manual flash powers (great for running manual strobes) I can also set the slowest shutter speed for the flash mode with a max of 1/500
in shutter priority i can only set the flash to fill in or manual modes - no 'auto' or ttl (unless fill is ttl?)

the same goes for manual mode - no auto just fill and manual flash modes.

So as I have never used TTL strobes, if I want to use manual mode to get the shutter up and the aperture down - what flash mode do I use to drive the strobes? or am I back in manual flash territory?

I've been searching but there is nothing specific for the xz2 - so would appreciate any hints you can give me..

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom