Ya just have to love drunks. NOT!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
At around 2218 I’m at a house just starting to take a Run Away report when I hear a call come in.

Apparently a couple went down to the river to have a couple of drinks and now the female is missing.

I look at the drunken parents I’m dealing with and tell them I just may have to leave. Just a minute or two later the Shift Sgt. is on the radio telling dispatch to have Lane B and I respond.

I excuse myself and leave. I have to go one-mile west make a left turn and go another 4.5 miles south to the scene. Three sets of railroad tracks and one traffic light is all I have to deal with but the first 3 miles involved a heavy snowfall.

I arrive on scene at 2224 just as the team page goes out. It reads: “MISSING FEMALE LAST SCENE (ADDRESS) NEAR THE RIVER 2226 HOURS 12112007” About two minutes later I’m out of my uniform and into my dry suit, which is all we should need as this is a very shallow section of the river. I just started to head for the water when the Sgt. gets on the radio. He says cancel the Dive Team and have everyone else reduce or cancel their response.

So I turn around and follow another deputy into the residence, which is on the river front property. Just as I walk through the sliding glass door, which faces the river I see the shift Sgt., to my right talking to the male RP. To my left is a WFA lying in bed talking to another deputy. Turns out she is our missing victim.

The drunken RP was on another planet. It appeared that he replaced all his white blood cells with alcohol molecules. He didn’t have a clue she was within 20’ of him under the covers.:dork2:

Ahhhhhh, the job security. But it did have a happy ending. :mooner:

2320 I’m back in uniform with the car repacked and ready to go for the next one we hope doesn’t come.

Gary D.

:11doh:

at least she didn't really fall in the river and him not notice 'til the following day :ne_nau:

Still did someone give him a good smack :wink1:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom