Yar! The Jolly Diver Mat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheNitroxinator

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
TheJollyDiverMat1.jpg

I was going to go out diving, but the weather wasn't too certain, so things fell through. I opted instead to customize a mat for use with diving. Time will tell if the paint will hold up.

That is VERY nice
K

lovely!!

After one day at the Underwater Park at Catalina, it looks like the double coating of Safe-T over the acrylic on rubber held up perfectly. My buddy and I piled junk on the mat; there were no scuffs on the artwork, and the saltwater didn't hurt it. Very cool.

P.S. you should make a flag out of this one..

For what it's worth, I opted to get one of those DAN custom throws. It's not exactly a flag, but it would work as a wall hanging. The weave shows through the white a little bit, so the white is not as bright as the original. Also, the clipping didn't get things aligned on the corners perfectly. Still, its a pretty good reproduction of the original.

Attachments

• TheJollyDiverCustomThrow.jpg
    TheJollyDiverCustomThrow.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 285

Back
Top Bottom