• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Yay! ELearning Done!

Discussion in 'New Divers and Those Considering Diving' started by Wasabi1264, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264 Angel Fish

I feel dumb...only 92% on the final...forgot what the heck a DIN vs whatever that other valve is, and a question about how often to get the tank tested...Anyway, that part is done. Pool training starts January 6th. A bit nervous because I have a gig the night before, so I'll only have about 4 hours of sleep, and I have the swim test that day.

OW dives will be with Ben at MAD, providing all goes well with my LDS's pool training.

2. Dive Right In Scuba

Dive Right In Scuba ScubaBoard Business Sponsor ScubaBoard Business Sponsor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Congrats!!! I see you didnt figure out that Abacadaba gets you 100% :D

LOL....just kidding...welcome to your beginning of one of the best sports/hobbies around....ENJOY THE BEAUTY and HAVE FUN!!!

3. SparticleBrane

SparticleBrane DIR Practitioner

Just remember: the learning should never stop.

4. Om3ga*wolf_1362...

Om3ga*wolf_1362... Solo Diver

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    ha,ha i messed up on them same questions...
    never mind the best is yet to come...
    good luck

5. redhawktwo

redhawktwo Instructor, Scuba

Good luck, you should have no problems at all...

6. fisherdvm

fisherdvm Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I think more important than the test score, is how often you dive after your cert, and if you keep up with your skill and knowledge...

7. Rosbif71

Rosbif71 Angel Fish

I agree totally!
    Did my cert at the end of November and have done 9 dives since then. Learning new things everytime I dive.

8. ScubaSteve2000

ScubaSteve2000 Solo Diver

Congrats on passing the written. I struggled a bit on the swim test. I'd never swan 200 yards before then. Just swim on your back and make like a turtle (or in my case, a whale). Now I swim 400 yards every day. Not nearly fast enough to qulify for divemaster but I'm working on it.

9. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264 Angel Fish

I'm glad you said that about the swimming, because that's my plan. I really am terrible at crawl stroke...I get winded doing one length of the pool almost (it's my breathing technique and form)...but elementary back stroke is relaxing and easy, so I plan to do that no matter how embarrassing it is, especially as I'll be going on about four hours of sleep the night before. And at some point, I will get some stroke help.

10. TequilaBob

TequilaBob Angel Fish

I am assuming (dangerous word) that the grading is more on function than form. Can you use a mask and snorkel? Is this decision up to the individual instructor? Do the defferent sanctioning bodies have differing restrictions?