Yay! OW certification done! Diving in Dahab, Egypt is phenomenal!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwemery1000

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just finished my OW course in Dahab on Friday - did the final exam and bingo - got my cert! (actually, in the mail :p ) Because of the fantastic instructor I have (which is one-on-one due to this being the slow season in Dahab - gotta be able to withstand the 46°C/115°F temperatures here) I've decided to go ahead and do the advanced OW over the next week or so. I did the Peak Buoyancy dive this morning - fun times! Learned a lot of tricks that will take practice. Trim and weights are good - can hover indefinitely(well, until the tank runs OOA), which we worked on quite a bit over the last few days. It really was fun doing a bunch of skills solely to work on buoyancy. Have to find a buddy that wants to have fun working on those skills, too. This afternoon we did the navigation dive - piece of cake! Scheduled to do the deep dive tomorrow at The Canyon, maybe go up to the Blue Hole for a fun dive. Night dive later in the week. Still haven't decided which kind of dive for the fifth dive for certification. Thinking drift dive or naturalist.

Diving in Dahab has been phenomenal! Definitely a must-do for reef diving.

Cheers!

Mark

Drift will be interesting in Dahab. There are no currents. A waste of an option if you do that (or find someone willing to "teach" it here).

Enjoy the heat - its the hottest time of the year right now (hence the quiet period). Pity the water hasn't warmed up enough yet!

String,

Coming from swimming in the North Sea, this is bath water! The flip side is the temp on land is brutal for us!

Any suggestions for a good 5th dive here?

Depends where you've been. For AOW option maybe do photography or similar. As for sites, have you done Islands yet? Gabr El Bint? Or my personal favourite of the local sites, Talha?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom