Yeah, another Oceanic thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pepperbelly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A guy local to me has some regs for sale. They are the Oceanic FDX10 and Delta4.
About how do these compare to a SP Mk25/G250?
How do they compare to other regs in quality and in use?

fdx10 vs mk25. Sealed diaphragm, vs unsealed piston, 5 port swivel turret vs fixed port

Delta 5 vs. G250 both balanced adjustable regs

of those, I'd go Scubapro personally. In use you likely won't be able to tell, and the quality of all reg manufacturers is basically the same.

fdx10 vs mk25. Sealed diaphragm, vs unsealed piston, 5 port swivel turret vs fixed port

of those, I'd go Scubapro personally. In use you likely won't be able to tell, and the quality of all reg manufacturers is basically the same.

I believe the Oceanic Delta uses a very different design than the G250. It is not what I would call pneumatically balanced. In stead of the "air spring" found in most balanced 2nds, it uses a second adjustable mechanical spring.

This set of regulators just popped up. I had just about decided on a set of Scubapro regs but didn't want to miss getting a goid deal on these Oceanic regs if they were better than a Mk20 or Mk25 with a G250.

The Oceanic FDX10 I had from several years ago had the DVT (Dry Valve Technologly) which in concept might have been a good idea but mine squealed alot from vibrations. I am not a fan of it. I can't tell if the newer FDX10's have this or not. If I recall they may be doing away with it. You can tell if it has one by lookling for the red plastic cone on air inlet (high pressure inlet at the yoke).
Overall it wasn't a bad reg. I like the second stages but did have a leaking problem with the exhaust valve on my primary second (after service of course). YMMV

I have switched my reg to an Atomic and will keep the FDX10 as a spare. I like the Atomic much better but it was a lot more money (T3). BTW I believe that the founders of Atomic worked for Scubapro (engineers) then left to started Atomic.
I also like wider second stage exhaust ports which work better for me with a camera. Seems most manufacturers now are going narrower but if that is important to you, have a look.

The G250 is a much better 2nd stage than the Oceanic.
Better performance, breathing feel, durability and service life.

ColoDale mentioned the exhaust ports, which doesn't seem too important, unless you experienced it yourself.
Bubbles all over your face. Not so great.
I'm sure it's a solid reg, I even own a CDX5/GTX3 reg, not bad at all, except for the exhaust.

the SP are far better build quality.

Those are the details I was looking for. I don't really like a flood of bubbles in my face either.

Thanks for the input on build quality. That is also what I was looking for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom