Yeah! It's Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lenmonster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Well, I guess Tobin must have processed my order the same day, because my rig arrived today. Took me a WHILE to do the harness, mostly because one of the plastic inserts for the waist belt did NOT want to let the harness through, but me + pliers worked through that.

Everything was very easy to adjust and set up based on Tobin's web instructions and videos.

So I have a med SS plate, harness, and LCD 30. I was driving Tobin crazy vacillating between the Torus 26 and the LCD, and I still think maybe the 26 would have been enough (plus several inches narrower). I had read almost every thread in this forum the past few days after I had placed my order, but without an actual drysuit to try on to give Tobin real buoyancy numbers, he had to guess, and since the drysuit is in the future and I need my BP/W now, we had to guess maybe a little high. I do think based on the numbers everybody else was throwing out that the Torus 26 would have worked.

But it is what it is, and hopefully it's not that much difference between them to really notice. So someone tell me I made a good choice so I can stop obsessing!

I won't get a chance to try this puppy for a few weeks, unfortunately. Every opportunity is being ruined by scheduled gigs that I need to take to pay for this thing!

You made an excellent decision. Really, the "diving" difference between the 26 and 30 is very minimal. You got yourself a wing you can feel confident about when you move to the dry suit. As you said, sure the 26 almost surely would have worked as well, but now you don't have to worry in the least. Go get wet!

The amount of streamlining in the 26lbs wing vs. a 30lbs wing is going to be unnoticeable. I don't notice a difference between my buddies 40lbs Oxycheq vs. my 30lbs OMS... like zero, none, nada.

The DSS setups are nice. You will like the new setup once you figure out how to get into it/otta it! That assumes a HOG harness.

Having a few extra lbs of lift is never a bad idea. It's like buying clothing. Too small is going to be a worst mistake that slightly large.

The harness for me is actually no problem. I tried the same rig a few nights ago, and was blown away by how easy it was. I don't know if I yet have the shoulder straps tight enough but it's easy enough to get off and on. Cause I'm skinny, I have about 2 extra feet of webbing...can almost wrap it around my waist a second time. I have never felt like I was really

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom