yes i did it... officially alone...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats...
You went in and came out alive..Good Job
:coffee:

Congratulations!

I love solo diving, because i) you are responsible for yourself, thus the level of being focussed and alert seem much higher ii) ...which in turn makes me feel like "being in the zone".

It takes my mind of everything else!

Cheers

Solo diving can be a great pleasure. However, I see that you only have less than 100 dives. Are you sure you are ready for solo diving? Maybe your instructor cussed you out for good reason. Knowing nothing of your skills or experience, I can't make that decision for anyone else.

Other than proper equipment (redundant air supply and other equipment), the most important factor in deciding if you are ready for solo IMHO is how you react to emergencies. If you have not experienced such incidents, you probably don't know that yet. However, your fear of sharks does suggest that you might not have the calm response necessary when a hose blows or you get entangled.

Think long and hard about it. If you choose to continue solo diving, be safe and enjoy it.

I second all of what Dr. Bill said. I got my solo cert once I had 100 dives. I have now close to 200, and as much as I enjoy diving by myself, I feel I don't have a very good idea of how I react to emergencies. I do dive solo sometimes and when I have the chance (doesn't happen very often, because most operators won't let you), but I try to be as conscientious about it and play it as safely as I can.

Remember that your most dangerous and potentially lethal enemy in the water is not a shark. It's the guy in your head who says, "I got this."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom