Yes it is done

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ems_is_4_me

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well i no that no one here knows me but for what it's worth i am now a certify scuba diver. I am done with o/w. And i could not be any happy. I have wanted to do this for years. :d

Well, for what its worth, congrats. Im sure youll be glad you finally took the plunge. Welcome to the wonderful world of scuba.

ems, welcome to the wet world. . . Within easy driving for you are lakes Tenkiller and Beaver to your east. The two lakes share much of the same watershed in western Arkansas just south of Beaver lake. When one lake floods, usually they both flood.

Beaver has more narrow coves accessible only by boat, if the wind is hurting the viz.

Tenkiller has fewer coves but more roads, that let you access more dive locations from your car. Beaver has state parks on either side of the dam, with access to the water, so you won't have to dive in someone else's mud trail. Tenkiller has an underwater state park on the east side of the dam, with boats, school bus, helicopter. . . and other exciting "finds". Like all lakes, don't swim behind other beginning divers, to avoid their mud.

Swim out from shore to 10 to 20 foot of water over a sand bottom, and blow bubbles. . . After a few dives you can explore the rest of the underwater park, during the time the student divers have gone for tank refills. Take a container of earth worms, available at lakeside bait dealers. . . the small sunfish will adopt you for a worm hand out.

Go often, blow lots of bubbles, and slowly build up your skills with experiences. You're joining a large group of divers. When you refill your tanks at either dive shop at the lake, you'll receive lots of good dive information while you wait for a refill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom