Suggestion Yes, it's April first, but serious question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
fabasard

fabasard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was reading a post from another user, a lady, who polled and asked what people thought of men in womens discussion areas. First: Moderators, is there a way to dedicate an area to a specific sex based on ones profile? I understand the OPs point, and I have been guilty of posting in womens forum myself, not meaning any harm of course. The poster stated that its was a WOMENS forum, and another poster stated that there is no MENS forum. While I would argue that the rest of the board could be called that, there is no one area dedicated SOLELY to men. I am interested in finding out how people think, specifically the ladies, since its your forums we are invading. Thanks, Fab

I need a place to discuss privately how to properly adjust my crotch strap.

This is a syndrome repeated on dozens of forums, I don't understand why women talking about periods and lady things REQUIRES a seperate forum. I suspect the primary motivation for this behavior is irrational embarassment.

SkullDeformity:
I need a place to discuss privately how to properly adjust my crotch strap.

This is a syndrome repeated on dozens of forums, I don't understand why women talking about periods and lady things REQUIRES a seperate forum. I suspect the primary motivation for this behavior is irrational embarassment.
Well, embarassment is one thing, but just dismissing it as irrational seems a bit much :)

I don't see the point in having a gender-dedicated forum.

If men feel the need to discuss menstrual cramps...well, they are just weird.

I cross-dress on a regular basis, and consider myself one of the "ladies", which column should I post on??

I am sorry, I just had my sex change operation. I can't go back anymore!!

well technically its Womens Views, which is 'Women related topics pertaining to diving and general issues'

i support the menfolk to have their own double secret probation forum

and the vertically challanged

and the aesthetically challenged

and the follically challanged

everyone should all have our own special 'type only' forum

and for Dandy Don - Hat Styled challanged :D

The Women's forum is one of our oldest sub forums and harkens back to when female divers were an anomaly rather than common. When we poll the women, we get a definite "keep it", but don't exclude the men. ScubaBoard's magic lies in the fact that we try to provide what YOU want as a diver. Consequently there is a place for DIR as well as Solo Divers within our Forums as well as many other specialties. You can choose to exclude as many of these forums as you like on a new post search, but as long as a forum remains active, we will let it continue to provide a place where people can gather to talk about diving.

Back
Top Bottom