Yes...we Swam To Bluefish Cove 360 View

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3D diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A rare day, at Point Lobos, with seas flat enough to swim (dive) through the rocks into Bluefish Cove.

Here's my 360 view video.

2D and 3D videos to follow in a day or three.

That's quite a swim! I'm curious about logistics - how far did you swim on the surface? Where did you drop and how long was the dive?

The docent mentioned that the chute (near HITW?) was open on Sunday morning. I need a couple dozen more dives there before I'm willing to venture out that far, but one day!

I included surface video of our descent point before each passage through the rocks. Through the wonders of 360 view, you can pause the video and drag the image around and see where we are. We surface swam to where we'd normally drop for HITW, then just kept going, dropping south of the last rock outcropping---Bird Poop Rock, I've always called it.

I logged it at 70 minutes, 60 feet max depth. My buddy got to 68 feet. (I did a report in the Monterey conditions thread in the NorCal section.)

My log book says I did a swim through to Bluefish back in '88...but I don't actually remember that dive, d'oh!

I've completed a first pass through my GoPro video. I have to shorten it a bit, adjust the 3D, and record some music so will probably get it done and posted late today or, more likely, tomorrow.

Thanks for the info! I read your report - it sounds like you had a great day on Saturday (I think we all did). I am impressed with Bluefish and Coal Chute in one day. :)

I think that despite the docent's info, I definitely would not have wanted to swim through those rocks on Sunday. It was quite a bit rougher. Still quite nice below!

Managed to finish off the videos today:

2D:

3D:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom