Yet another glowing report on Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the heads up, at that early in the morning I'll gladly follow, lol. I did the same with our tickets, CO FF miles for one and NW for the other. We're on the 4:45 flight out of LAX, so if you need us to get you a wheelchair to get you to the gate after your layover we can work something out, lol. I learned to cut my sleep short the nights before the flights so I can sleep sitting up, I'll be the one sawing the logs behind you :). Here's a pic a friend posted on another board showing his view from his place this morning, hopefully things calm down.
We arrive in Houston at 4:46 p.m., coming in from ONT. That allowed me to at least fly home in first class, though we're still flying to Houston in coach. With LAX, it was coach to/from Houston for the same amount of miles. As it is, we're stuck with the 5 hour layover on the way there and a whopping 10 hours on the return. I'm not sure it was the right decision to opt for so much extra layover time for a more comfortable seat for the 3-hour trip home, but it's too late now.

I have no idea what's up with the weather. No hurricanes are close by and it's supposed to be the dry season on a desert island. More rain means more bugs. Ugh. Fortunately Bonaire's mosquitoes haven't learned how to dive yet.

Saw this on Bonaire talk:

That is what is called a wind reversal. The wind is from the west probably due to one of the hurricanes. When this happens the west side has surf, that is what caused the water on the beach and no visibility.

This happened to us one time in October. The dive shops have to scramble to find good diving. I looked out one time from Eden beach and almost every dive boat on the island was lined up on the east side of the Klein.

If you are on-island now be the time to hit the east side. Premo diving there.

Awesome! We're also on the Red Eye on Friday night. ScubaBoard is well represented.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom