Yet another great customer service story from Shearwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have two Shearwater Perdix's. One regular, one AI. I lost somehow one of the transmitters and for the life of me, I cannot find the other box. I have Bluetooth on my laptop and an extra Bluetooth adapter, neither of which I was able to connect to my Perdixes. So I sent an email to Shearwater if they have a list of known good Bluetooth adapters.

Their response? Drum roll please...

They asked for my address to send me a new one. They could have said "we'd recommend purchasing one of ours for <reasonable amount, because Shearwater>" and I probably would have done just that. But no. They want my address to send me a new one. Free of charge.

Wow. Just wow.

I've been courted by other tec dive manufacturers. But no one has the history, the user interface, the amazing battery life, and customer service as Shearwater. This is why I recommend to my students Shearwaters. What an amazing company and product.

Yay Shearwater! I had a very similar experience with HOG/EDGE once.

Some companies understand good customer service, some don't.

If you look up the definition of Customer Service in a dictionary, there would be a photo of Shearwater Research
Awesome owners , Awesome staff and Awesome dive computers.
:canada:

John Corso
Sales Manager Worldwide
Cochran Consulting, Inc
Richardson, TX

Amazing. My next computer will be from Shearwater Research.
Suunto Solution alpha as a back up.

Amazing. My next computer will be from Shearwater Research.
Suunto Solution alpha as a back up.

Your Suunto will probably have a nervous breakdown trying to back up a computer running Buhlmann or VPM.

I had exactly the same experience from Shearwater. My bluetooth dongle (sorry that word still cracks me up) died. I contacted shearwater about it and less than a week later, a new one arrived on my doorstep, no charge. Kinda makes me want to buy another Perdix as my backup!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom