Yet another limited edition question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BhamFAL

Registered
Reaction score
I've got two of these reg's one for me and one for the wife. Mine replaced an ancient MR12 she didn't have a regulator. Mine had an issue at the beginning of its' third dive. We were in Roatan and the local Mares dealer was able to repair it (an o-ring was faulty in the 1st stage). They had no idea what the regulator was and no parts kit on hand but were able to visually match the o-ring to one from another regulator repair kit and install it. It was a Mares product and I had my card - they charged me nothing for the repair. Worked perfect for the rest of the week.

So here's my question, what is inside these things? Is the repair kit from say a proton ice or some other model a drop in for this or are these 2000 items going to become a orphan parts wise? Just what is the major difference internally between a v42 and v32? I'm assuming the 2nd stages are going to be parts kit compatible with the proton metal.

BhamFal,

Don't worry about parts for your new regulators. The parts for the 1st stage V42 are the same as the 1st stage you have. The difference between the two regulators is the limited edition reg has DFC available on all four low pressure ports and the adjustment screw for the DFC. Adjustment is not for the end user but for the tech at time of service. The 2nd stages are exactly the same, except for yours has 1 final coating, PVD for greater durability and scratch resistance.

You will have access to parts for these regulator for a long time to come.

less than 30 minutes for a reply, now that's service.
Thanks Zak!

You are welcome. :) > 3 mins this time.

Back
Top Bottom