Yet another noob thread.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sleestax

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

Not exactly sure where to begin since I am a total noob to these boards. So I guess a bit of an introduction will have to do.

My wife and I have decided to take up SCUBA. We are both avid ocean/beach people and have made a point of snorkling often when on vacation. Our last trip to Cancun sealed the deal for us. So many interesting things to see under the waves, but we couldn't hold our breath long enough to see a lot of them.

I have actually gone through the certification process in college but never completed my open water dives for a couple of reasons. Mostly due to being a poor college student at the time and, more importantly, not wating to do my OWD in lake michigan in January!

So it's back to square one. We found a great dive shop that is literally across the road from where we live. We really like husband and wife owners/dive instructors so we signed up there. They happen to be part of NAUI.

At any rate, I plan to frequent this board to learn as much as I can from the experienced people here and to swap noob stories with other people just starting out.

Welcome to the board.

Any questions that come up should have an answer or at least several opinions around the board. I hope you enjoy the board and your enterance to the diving world.

Seeing you are from Atl. reminds me I need to go visit my family down in Chamblee.

Dive safe, Dive often.

Chad

Welcome to the boards Sleestax!

Warning, diving is an addictive sport that can cause excessive wear and tear on your credit card. Turn back now while you still have a positive bank balance. :wink:

BTW, who are you taking classes with?

Hey Nico,

The place near us is "Adventures in Diving" which is in Duluth. Scot Harris and his wife, er... Elizabeth (I am horrible with names)? are the two people we met there.

My friend's wife took classes with them. She had trouble clearing her mask, but Scott was very patient with her - they spent about an hour working on this - and eventually she got it. She really liked her class!

By the way, Scott's wife is Diane.

Have fun and keep us posted on your progress.

Scuba related or not! Hope you meet as many great people as I have... BTW, did they ever finish building them thar roads around Atlanta? I think they have been working on them since before Sherman came through... "Hey Ulysses, do you know which of these exits to take to get OUT of Atlanta???" :tease:

I gotta ask though.... I take it you are a Land of the Lost fan?

Cool 70's TV show.

Welcome to the boards and diving. Best wishes to you and your wife on any happy years U/W

TwoBit

Netdoc, the volume of cars and insanity of the driver's are the big problems here. I think Sherman is still stuck in traffic on I-75 trying to leave the city.

Ulysses is stuck on I-400.

to ever come out of Atlanta (or even Georgia) is I75

LOL Pete! When I first moved to GA (7 years ago) I toled people I lived in Atlanta, and NOT GA. Now because of the way Atlanta has gone down hill, and the fact that I live outide of it (thank God), I say I am from Georgia, and NOT Atlanta! LOL! Maybe I need to change my location in my profile.

Anyway, sleestax, welcome to the board from another Georgian!

Back
Top Bottom