Yet another noob thread.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn once bubbled...
I gotta ask though.... I take it you are a Land of the Lost fan?

TwoBit

When I saw the Sleestax, I remembered it came from some Sat morn kids show, couldn't recall the name. Talk about a time warp moment - I had a visual of my younger brother watching it while I did laundry on Sat morns. Good memories.

Well Sleestax? Are you a LotL fan? ...And welcome to scuba, I started the exact same way you did. Hope you and the wife enjoy it as much as my husband and I do.

There was a monkey boy on that show. What was his name? It was something kinda like Chewbacca (Star Wars) but that wasn't it.

I think Sigmund the Seamonster was another off shoot of that show too.

TwoBit

nicodaemos once bubbled...

Warning, diving is an addictive sport that can cause excessive wear and tear on your credit card. Turn back now while you still have a positive bank balance. :wink:

I wish somebody had warned me before I took up SCUBA ;-0 I'm this close to turning to a loan shark(no, not a lonely one with gills)

Yes, my nick comes from that 70s Krofft show "Land of the Lost". I am a member of another board and I had to pick a nick for that place. Most of the ones I tried were taken, so I wasn't having much luck. As it turns out, I happened to have another screen opened and some LoTL pop-up thing appeared for some site trying to sell 70s tv show memorabilia.

Thanks for all the kind wishes and warnings as well. Believe me, our credit cards have already received quite a workout with this hobby. :wow:

Sleestax;

I would like to say Welcome to the board also. I just discovered this board a few days ago and what a wealth of information. I have been spending many hours on the different forums, learning a lot in the process. I originally got cert. in 1976, but never did anything with it, until recently. A good friend got interested and we decided to take/retake classes, which are starting Sept. 24. Can't wait.

Goeduck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom