Yet another Saanich Inlet vis report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTT:
Also went out to spring bay with the uvic scuba club on saturday, although it was nothing special, it was a lot of fun, a nice little dive.

Spring Bay is covered with seaweed at this time of year, so there isn't much to see. The same happens at Saxe. Though both can be good winter dives, once the seaweed dies off.

- ChillyWaters

We (Reagan,subcookie,wedivebc)did a dive at Setchell Pt yesterday evening.
Good viz under 30ft in 30-40' range.
We say a few octopus lot of fish. Overall a pretty good dive.

I saw at least 3 things I have never seen before. At least that I can recall. When I get near me Whelks to Whales book I will post the IDs.
It was just one of those great dives you have every so often.

Hyper-limits:
We (Reagan,subcookie,wedivebc)did a dive at Setchell Pt yesterday evening.
Good viz under 30ft in 30-40' range.
We say a few octopus lot of fish. Overall a pretty good dive.

Where did you go? I think I'm octopus challenged or something. Where are all these damn octopi?

- ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
Where did you go? I think I'm octopus challenged or something. Where are all these damn octopi?

- ChillyWaters

I see them all the time, almost every dive. :D
We stay right at the point in about 60ft, we didn't go to the wreck. One small octopus was out in the open the other one under a rock.

ChillyWaters:

- ChillyWaters
Chilly, look for the crab shells. Any time you see a pile of crab parts start looking there is usually an octo near by

wedivebc:
Chilly, look for the crab shells. Any time you see a pile of crab parts start looking there is usually an octo near by

Yeah, I know. I've found one that way now, but that's about it. Usually I just see a lot of empty dens. I think they hear me coming.

>> I saw at least 3 things I have never seen before. At least that I can recall. When I get near me Whelks to Whales book I will post the IDs.

When do we get to know the ID of your 3 "things?"

- ChillyWaters

Sweet visibility at Ogden tonight.

The highlight: lots of sailfin sculpins. Where do they hide in the day?

- ChillyWaters

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom