Yet another sizing question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjd001

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
It's finally time to replace my 9-year-old Henderson Hyperstretch wetsuit and I'm looking at an Aqua Lock. The size chart seems to allow some options... I think my current suit is a medium, and it is still quite comfortable, but I have to acknowledge that there was at least 20 - 25 lbs less of me back then. :D I generally find the weight listed on wetsuit size tags is way lower than what the suit will comfortably fit... Plus I've heard if you are between sizes on a stretchy wetsuit it's better to go with the smaller size.

I'm 5' 7" tall, with a 39" bust (so we're talking women's sizes here...) and a 34" waist, which seams to point to an XL. My arms and legs are a bit longer than most folk of my height so I'm wondering if I might need an XL Tall. (Long sleeves on most clothes are too short on me and pants need to be at least a medium tall length.) Do you know what the leg inseam lengths are for the regular versus tall sizes?

Thanks.

Let me just say that wetsuit size charts are always a bit off. I challenge anyone to find 5 women with the exact same body shape. Let me just give you an example... I am a 5'9" woman and according to another brands sizechart I would be wearig a size 14. What I really wear is the following: 8 Long for my 3mm & 5mm, a 10 Long for my 8mm, and an XL for my drysuit. My point is that the size chart is a suggestion, and you should really try it on.

Hope this helps a little.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, trying on a suit is a good idea, especially since you have not had to buy a suit for 9 years. If you cannot go into a shop and try it on in your area, make sure you buy from a online dealer who has a good return policy. As for tall sizes, they generally run about an inch to an inch and a half longer. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom