Yorkton, Sask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sask

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a brother in law that recently moved to Yorkton, SK. He is interested in taking up diving. Is there a course nearby or does he need to travel to Regina or Moose Jaw?

I'm sorry to hear that. :wink:

---------- Post added June 10th, 2013 at 09:43 PM ----------

Kidding! I'm in gimli, 4 hours east.
Pass me his contact info, maybe we could hook up for a swim!

Must only be diving out there when the fields flood eh? Think I drove thru one of those dive ponds when it flowed up over the highway a few weeks ago near Grenfell. haha just kidding guys, couldnt resist.. I know theres a dive shop in Saskatoon near my companies terminal off Millar Dr.

i don't know about regina, but saskatoon offers a course at one of the pools via the saskatoon dive centre. well taught course that i thought did a good job of preparing me. that was 9 years ago, but i'm pretty sure it's still offered. saskatoon isn't much of a difference in distance compared to regina.

---------- Post added June 15th, 2013 at 10:59 PM ----------

this lists the course dates:
the Diving Center

There are good dive shops in Saskatoon, Regina and Moose Jaw offering instruction. I am not sure if there is a shop in Yorkton. He should be able to get certified no problem but would have to travel a bit.

Blue H2O Sports, Ota and Cheryl, used to travel to Yorkton to teach Padi courses but sadly Ota passed last year. There is a strong dive community in Yorkton as a result of Ota's and Cheryl's efforts. I would suggest contacting local sports stores and the fire department. At the very least they may help buddy him up once he is certified. Good luck.

Blue H2O Sports, Ota and Cheryl, used to travel to Yorkton to teach Padi courses but sadly Ota passed last year. There is a strong dive community in Yorkton as a result of Ota's and Cheryl's efforts. I would suggest contacting local sports stores and the fire department. At the very least they may help buddy him up once he is certified. Good luck.

Thanks I will have him check around. He can dive with me if he ever gets his ass certified :) Worse comes to worse he can get certified in Moose Jaw where I am, lots of driving is all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom