Yorkton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

our temperatures on the west coasts here are normally around 7-10 deg C. 45-50 deg F. I've been ice diving, and that got cold. But to stay warm, get a good drysuit, undergarment, drygloves and a good hood. You should have no problems.

Oh, and I'll mention drygloves again. Such a nice option to have and well worth the money.

Honkeye:
Hi not really western more middle bottom
yorkton, Saskatchewan
Just above and to the right of Regina and about 4 hrs to the left and up of Winipeg

As far as i can see there is no water so would be lake diving but on my map cant even see any lakes

Any advice would be a help dont want to drag all my gear over for nothing.

Cheers

Bring your gear!

I lived in Yorkton, SK (1999-2001). I used to be a Systems Librarian for the Parkland Regional Library. I have since moved back to my home province of New Brunswick.

From Yorkton, you have easy access to the Duck Mountain area in Manitoba. There's some good lake diving at Child's Lake and East Blue Lake. More details are available on the Manitoba Underwater Council website at:

<http://www.mts.net/~ennis/muc/dive_pac/duckmntn/duckmtrg.htm>

I used to hook up with divers from Regina who would go there regularly for checkout dives. I also joined them to do some diving in Alberta mountain lakes (Banff and Waterton).

Once in Yorkton, you should also check the Dive Centre, in Saskatoon. I think they do a fair bit of diving in the lakes of northern Saskatchewan. As well, there used to be a few dive shops in Winnipeg that organized trips to the lakes of northwestern Ontario.

Hope this helps. And welcome to Canada!

---
André in Fredericton

Welcome to Saskatchewan!

Honkeye:
Cheers thanks for all the input.
Will be bringing most my stuff over.

Give me a shout and I'll give you a contact name in Yorkton who can hook you up with everything dive related..fills...weekends at East Blue, dive travel etc. Yorkton may be in the middle of the prairies but, with some effort, many of us get in a fair amount of bottom time.

jbm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom