You are all right!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creamofwheat:
I have slipped before with all my gear on and could not get back up. buddy had to pull me to my feet again. i made quite the pretty picture. it's happened twice now. :D i am fairly sure it'll be happening again, too.

The vision is very funny. :lol:

That is what I was thinking, like TsandM said she is 120 and with 70 lbs of gear :shocked:

You guys need a lift. Something that can pluckyou out of the water once you surface and neatly drop you by your car.

Uhhhhh - it has been suggested that my joking that you had to dive naked on your 100th dive was in poor taste. So - I do apologize. :blush:

BTW, I have seen a number of divers make their 100th, and none did it nude - including me. :D It's just a joke - only honored at Hippy Hollow, Austin TX. :cowboy:

DandyDon:
Uhhhhh - it has been suggested that my joking that you had to dive naked on your 100th dive was in poor taste. So - I do apologize. :blush:

BTW, I have seen a number of divers make their 100th, and none did it nude - including me. :D It's just a joke - only honored at Hippy Hollow, Austin TX. :cowboy:

*grins* i wont be doing my 100th dive naked in these waters, that's for sure. perhaps a skin dive for about 30 seconds, though. :wink: buuut, if i am in warm waters, then sure, why the heck not? being nekkid is fun! :D

Missdirected:
The vision is very funny. :lol:

That is what I was thinking, like TsandM said she is 120 and with 70 lbs of gear :shocked:

You guys need a lift. Something that can pluckyou out of the water once you surface and neatly drop you by your car.

Hehe, i'm only 110 lbs. and a lift to get me out of the water would be verrry nice. all the gear is HEAVY!

TSandM~ I'm with you...Can't understand why I have to have sooo much weight, must be the undergarments..then after a long dive and I try and walk up the shore, if I fall down, which I am wont to do, they have to help me up...'specially if I am wearing my twins...but hey, they don't call me crash for 'nothin! :)
Kirsten

Something that can pluckyou out of the water once you surface and neatly drop you by your car.

It's called a tall, strong dive buddy. I have several :)

Can you share them???
:)
K

Can I share them? Well, I'm diving with one of yours on Wednesday. He's not tall, but he's doughty.

I have periodically regarded the idea of diving doubles with horror. Until it occurred to me that I might be able to shed some of the weight-belt weight, and still have more or less my seventy awful pounds. The idea of falling and remaining stuck on my back until I die of dehydration has been too horrible to contemplate.

creamofwheat:
*grins* ... being nekkid is fun! :D
Gawd, but I like that attitude in a young lady. :D

TSandM:
The idea of falling and remaining stuck on my back until I die of dehydration has been too horrible to contemplate.

You can get a hydration pack to go between the twins.:wink:

The gear is heavy, I'm amazed at what many divers are capable of actually. It takes both physical and mental strength to carry 50% of your body weight in gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom