You can make your own lift bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alex6

Reaction score
In my OW class to night, are last class, we just got to mess around. There was a asent line they had in the pool with about 4 pounds of weight at the other end. And I was thinking of lift bags. And I took off my bootie made alittle loop in the rope put the bootie threw the loop got my Octo filled the bootie with air and up it went. My OW inst saw my do it and he was clapping his hands under water. When we got up he was like " Of all my years of diving never saw that before. Try is some times it is kind of KEW

Who would've thought neoprene booties could be used so many ways!

Baloons make for good demonstrations.
Blow a little air into a baloon at depth and let it go.

Be sure to collect the bits of baloon so sea life won't eat it.

:D

I know that im new and all but when i was taking my OW i had a air bubble in my wet suit. It realy was a pain in the back side and i was not able to keep my self at one level. After i got done doing that dive i told my inst that if i even had my BCD ever got a hole in it i would just put my octo in my set suit and inflate the suit. I would just have to open the sleave to dump air if i started to accend to fast. That is kewl that your booie worked well also!

I'm surprised no one has responded to ReeseTD's post.

Seems to be an interesting idea, but
1) it would have to be a huge failure of your BCD.
2) wouldn't you think that it was safer to simply drop your weights? Without your weights, your wetsuit should provide more than enough positive buoyancy - especially if it is a 7mm.
I'd think you'd have more ascent problems with inflating your wetsuit.

Another way of having a 'quick and dirty' liftbag is to simply put any sort of fairly large plastic bag in a goodie/mesh bag and connect the mesh bag to whatever you need to lift and send it up.

Just watch out so you don't get in the way in case the whole thing comes crashing down againg...

Back
Top Bottom