You could make the deciding statement! x

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBaby

Contributor
Reaction score
I NEED A HOLIDAY!
I have looked through hundreds or brouchures....all telling me that there resort is the best one to go to if I want "The best diving the ocean can provide."

Welling, knowing that the statement was written by some non-diving pale skinned bloke sitting behind a desk who never actually visited the place....it doesnt make it easy to believe.

SO.....i decided to put my holiday in your hands. Within reason obviously! I can't go spending millions on a holiday!

Where is your most favoured location and why???? You never know, next time your there you might have me as a diving buddy!!!!!

Scuba-Baby,

Question(s):

How fat is the exchequer?

How much time do you have?

How adventurous do you want to be or can you be?

Atlantic, Pacific, Caribbean, or ???

Was that really you in the photo?

Joewr

It would have to be warm - remember I spend my time in the UK - the area that warmth bipasses!

Expense.....who cares - I am not the one paying!
Time - about 2 weeks!
Adventure - as much as your willing to scare me with!

And Mario......when was this arrangement made?????

Well who else was it?????

Course it was a pic of me! There are actually two pics on that page....one in the dress and another in a little less!

Anyway, any holiday suggestions???

Many dive locations are seasonal.

Two of the most popular destinations from the UK are the Red Sea and the Maldives. I've never been to either, but have heard/read rave reviews about both (espcially the Maldives, but they are expensive). Both are suposedly 'Top 10 in the World' dive locations.

Both can be done land based or liveaboard, but I have heard liveaboard is the way to go.

I bought a book on diving the Maldives, and if I went (almost did, but July/August is rainy season, and there has been some coral bleaching). I had my heart set on a liveaboard on the atol just south of Mali, the one that looks like a boot and has the eastern most point in the Maldives... and then a few days at the Elaidhoo (sp?) resort on Ari atol. Voted best house reef in the Maldives.

Wherever you go, have fun.

Scubababy,

At great risk to my tender ego I will make a suggestion. It is based on three pieces of data:

(1) Cost is not relevant,
(2) Two weeks is all you have,
(3) Winter in the Northern Hemisphere is around the corner.

So, here it is:

Start with a live-aboard on Papua New Guinea (PNG) for a week. Then head a little south to Australia for a Great White Shark Dive (in a cage) Expedition. That will be a pair of weeks that you will not forget for a long,long time. The jet lag will be a little memorable, as well.

The alternative is two weeks in Northern California helping me build something in my shop--all properly chaperoned, of course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom