You ever accidently hit some keys on your keyboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Computers, they are a fade just like tv, they will eventualy lose populatarity and go the way of automobiles and electricity.

You know where I can get parts for my 8-track? Can I salvage from a Beta VCR...? :silly:

NetDoc:
Sorry that you couldn't take the ribbing! It was only meant in good natured fun!
I can take a lot of ribbing NetDoc. And I do because I can dish it out. I know I am not the most computer literate of people. I thought the interface between chair and keyboard was funny... but idiot? Virus scanning won't help? Learn to use a pencil? It was clever the way you typed it. You certainly had me confused, which I guess was your point.
I'm just glad that Scaruba explained the Dell notebook function for me. Seems to me that he/she is the most literate of all.
So, when people tell me they're leaving SB, I tell them, don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Maybe I'll take my own advice. :wallywink

I don't know of a kinder hearted person than NetDoc. Sorry to see his joking taken badly, but of course - such happens. Maybe he'll be writing better material when he gets the upgrade finished, hopefully this year. :D

you have to watch those systems guys, it takes a month to plan a major upgrade, a week to get everything ready, 1 day to make the upgrade, and months to fix all the things the upgrades broke. now us network engineers, we break it and immediately blame it on the systems folks hehehehehehe

DandyDon:
I don't know of a kinder hearted person than NetDoc. Sorry to see his joking taken badly, but of course - such happens. Maybe he'll be writing better material when he gets the upgrade finished, hopefully this year. :D
Sometimes, as we all know, things said on message boards get taken the wrong way because we can't see body language, hear intonation. I don't know NetDoc personally. Only from this board, so I have no way of knowing what kind of person he is. I'm sure what you say is correct.

BTW, does anyone know what :wallywink means literally?

fairybasslet, Please accept my appologies if I/We offended you.

What we mentioned is a long standing "Joke" in technical support groups.

I used what I thought was an appropriate emotion icon, to show my intent.

It was never intended as a slur to your personality or abilities.

I am always in the position of creating my own id10t errors, you have no idea
of how many hours I've spent diagnosing a system error just to find out it was
something I did, hence I have a sign on my desk, "When all else fails, hit head here!"

fairybasslet:
BTW, does anyone know what :wallywink means literally?
1. Slang. A fool; an idiot.
2. (I'm not posting that) :11:

Sometimes, as we all know, things said on message boards get taken the wrong way because we can't see body language, hear intonation. I don't know NetDoc personally. Only from this board, so I have no way of knowing what kind of person he is. I'm sure what you say is correct.
Haven't dive with him, but I have eaten Bar-B-Q with him - at his expense. You won't find a nicer guy. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom