You ever accidently hit some keys on your keyboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
1. Slang. A fool; an idiot.
2. (I'm not posting that) :11:

Haven't dive with him, but I have eaten Bar-B-Q with him - at his expense. You won't find a nicer guy. :wink:

LOL. Most people who use the word putz don't really know the literal translation from the Yiddish.
Bar-B-Q. Yum yum. I'll eat BBQ with anyone.

Yeah,

Internet personas are hard to figure out. No harm by me!

Land Locked:
fairybasslet, Please accept my appologies if I/We offended you.

What we mentioned is a long standing "Joke" in technical support groups.

I used what I thought was an appropriate emotion icon, to show my intent.

It was never intended as a slur to your personality or abilities.

I am always in the position of creating my own id10t errors, you have no idea
of how many hours I've spent diagnosing a system error just to find out it was
something I did, hence I have a sign on my desk, "When all else fails, hit head here!"

Thank you for the apology and the explanation of the origin of id10t errors. Not being in IT, I didn't know that terminology, even though I am responsible for a lot of them (id10t errors, that is). That's a good one to know. And it was my own id10t error on my notebook. It is kind of new and the placement for the fingers is just slightly different than a regular keyboard, so I'm always making a lot of mistakes and hitting keys I didn't mean to hit. Not to mention flicking off the covers of the keys with my fingernails. I honestly thought that if you hit some combination of keys, it takes you to a search engine on the various boards in cyberspace.Now, I must find my pencil.

El Orans:
07/15, Key Largo, Conch Republic Divers. Be there.
Sounds tempting. And Gary & Brenda are my favs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom