You GOTTA have insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, that's the point about single-payer healthcare. You pay into the pool when you're young and healthy, and you take out from the pool later. If you expect to take out from the pool only when you need it without paying in in advance, the system collapses. Because what you need is more than what you reasonably can be expected to pay in. Unless you're filthy rich.

Besides, young people also get sick. Granted, not as often as the old 'uns, but if they do and don't have insurance, they're majorly screwed. You're gonna die? Too bad you don't have insurance.

Besides, all numbers show that the total economic burden per health benefit is lower in single-payer systems.

No one needs insurance. . .until they do and then, they really really need it.

People get into car accidents, get cancer, young people get diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.

No one needs insurance. . .until they do and then, they really really need it.

People get into car accidents, get cancer, young people get diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.
I still haven't taken out from my car insurance. Nevertheless, I keep on paying into it.

My favorite thing about single payer is when people spout off that it's free. No, you fool, it's not free. You pay for it with taxes.

My favorite thing about single payer is when people spout off that it's free. No, you fool, it's not free. You pay for it with taxes.

That's right, Marie13 and we know that but it's still a very good thing and we're happy to have a portion of our taxes go towards it.

Nobody actually says it, its a right wing talking point.

Nobody actually says it, its a right wing talking point.

It has nothing to do with right wing. I know multiple people IRL who are libs who constantly spout that they want single payer because it's free.

So do we, only back-asswards, and we have to pull out our crystal balls in October and gaze deeply into them to decide how much care our health will require the whole next year. Then we can tell the tax man how much money that will cost us, and then Mr. Taxman will not tax us on that money. Provided we spend it all and on "approved expenses" only, and nobody can explain what happens to the leftovers if we don't spend it all. Although if you stick with the same "flexible care fund management" company, some or all of it may "carry over", conditions apply, void where prohibited.

But other than that, whether they pay taxes and get discount on stuff, or we pay for stuff and get discount on taxes, is six of one vs half a dozen of the other.

Actually many people think it is free, they just don't understand how "free" things from the government work. Just like they don't understand that Trump was talking about human smugglers when he said "coyotes" in the debate. Never underestimate how stupid people can be, if you think someone can't be that stupid you are wrong!

Actually many people think it is free, they just don't understand how "free" things from the government work. Just like they don't understand that Trump was talking about human smugglers when he said "coyotes" in the debate. Never underestimate how stupid people can be, if you think someone can't be that stupid you are wrong!
Coyotes are smugglers that’s semantics, those kids were taken from their parents.

Is it free to drive down the street? Is it free to call the fire department? Police? It’s makes no difference what shorthand people use, free of additional cost and lower cost is the point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom