You guys are a bad influence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand, I just mentioned it because AKR considered relatively inexpensive and a possible choice for solo travelers.

I'll take a look just in case but I'm trying to go to new places as I go.

I don't have the income yet to do multiples every year and I haven't even hit a liveaboard yet.

It depends if you do land based diving or liveaboard based and for both, what your standards are. How budget do you want? How fancy do you want? How many dives a day are you lookin to do? Are you an air con private bathroom kind of person on a liveaboard while diving 4-5 dives with nitrox only or are you simple accommodations but splurge on diving? So many combinations. It’s cheaper than the Caribbean for sure but you can spend as little as much as you want. It’s too broad to speak about here with limited info about your budget and preferences. I suggest looking into it on your own to get a feel and gist then bounce some ideas around the boards for feedback.

Labuan Bajo airport is closest to Komodo. You can fly there easily from Bali or Jakarta. Bali has some decent diving of its own. You can go there before or after. Good luck.

Im newly nitrox certifoed so that would be good to do more dives with it.

I usually do somewhat simple on the accom's about 50% of the time.

Did all inclusive in Cozumel #1, Dominican, Jamaica.

Other trips I went cheaper by a long way.

Haven't dove Aruba, Curacao, Belize, Caymans, Bahamas, or Costa Rica yet. Others are on the table as well

Been to Cozumel X2, Jamaica, Dominican, Utila, Barbados, canaries, and another.
If you are open to staying in the Caribbean and haven't been to Bonaire, you may want to consider it. August is a good time to be there and since you will be traveling solo, it is one of the better values. Here is a flight August 3rd to August 11th. I will be down there for 2 weeks in August myself.
upload_2019-5-7_21-5-23.png

I'll take a look just in case but I'm trying to go to new places as I go.

I don't have the income yet to do multiples every year and I haven't even hit a liveaboard yet.

If you want to a lot of diving at a very low cost, take a look at the Blackbeard's liveaboard out of Nassau. You get a lot for the price and the sea water will be warm at that time of year. Not the best reefs but you will see lots of sharks and fishlife:
https://allstarliveaboards.com/blackbeards-liveaboard-diving/

And I will also mention one my favorites - the Clearly Cayman resorts. The Cobalt Coast resort on Grand Cayman is the least expensive of the 3 CC resorts and they are offering a summer and fall all-inclusive package for $1320 (but there may be a single supplement charge.)

The price includes 2 boat dives per day, unlimited shore dives on the house reef, accommodations, 3 meals per day, airport transfers, taxes, and hotel service charges - but not dive shop tips. You can add on afternoon boat dives for a fee. See the link below:
Carefree Cayman 7-Nights Dive Package at Cobalt Coast Resort

Explorer Ventures T&C is having a sale that includes part of July and part of August. Could be the opportunity you've been looking for. First, to do a liveaboard and second, to do T&C.

You probably know that the diving from land based there is not ideal.

As for your question about diving SE Asia vs Caribbean? Pretty much chalk and cheese my friend.

If Belize is really on your list, I could probably provide some pointers there too. Late July flights out of Ord on American around $500.

If you are open to staying in the Caribbean and haven't been to Bonaire, you may want to consider it. August is a good time to be there and since you will be traveling solo, it is one of the better values. Here is a flight August 3rd to August 11th. I will be down there for 2 weeks in August myself.
View attachment 518339

What a guy! Even found the flight for it.

That's cool. How expensive are the accommodations on Bonaire? Every time Ive looked in the past the flights and everything else put it out of reach

View attachment 518339

Scratches chin. Insta buddy already lol

Explorer Ventures T&C is having a sale that includes part of July and part of August. Could be the opportunity you've been looking for. First, to do a liveaboard and second, to do T&C.

You probably know that the diving from land based there is not ideal.

As for your question about diving SE Asia vs Caribbean? Pretty much chalk and cheese my friend.

I'll take a look at it later today. Sounds like it might be up my alley. Although I'm worried about flights to get there. Prices seemed High last couple times I checked.

If Belize is really on your list, I could probably provide some pointers there too. Late July flights out of Ord on American around $500.

I saw a recent thread on here about bze, after that I'm not sure about it at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom