• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

You must be getting bored with these by now.

Discussion in 'Public Safety Divers/Search and Rescue' started by Gary D., May 14, 2006.

1. Yotsie

Yotsie Public Safety Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Good job getting there Gary!!! Sounds like another outstanding op!

We had a near miss at the lake today. One of our waterdogs (lake Patrol Deputies) was on the ball rescued another intoxicated subject to managed to get thrown off his PWC. Already at the hanger gearing up for it and was very relieved that we didn't have to go.

And it has only started brother!!!:scubadive

Paul

2. do it easy

do it easy Assistant Instructor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Thanks for the post and all the images and details. It's kinda like an underwater version of Cops and America's Most Wanted. I lurk a lot- your posts are glimpse into a kind of diving that few can do. Thanks!

3. Peter_C

Peter_C Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Curious as to why they foam the divers down? I would assume they are in drysuits right? Please do post your stories, your job has earned a lot of respect from me, and I am sure others, by reading your posts.

4. Gary D.

Gary D. ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!

5. renpirate

renpirate Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    There are three types of foam, Class A,B, and C. Class A is the most common type carried by fire engines. The foam is used to break down the surface tension of the water to promote better viscosity which allows the water to better penetrate into the nooks and crannies and provide better fire surpression. It is also a mild detergent, which is why it is also used for decontamination. The other classes of foam are for chemical fires and are generally used by airport fire supression units.

Gee, I actually got to contribute something somewhat useful to this forum:D

6. Peter_C

Peter_C Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Thanks Gary and Andy. I am always interested to learn the "why's" of the world. Figured it was a wash down, but never realized the foam they have available is a detergent, let alone the fact they have multiple types of foam.

7. Gary D.

Gary D. ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
  8. super opus

super opus Solo Diver

Gary hats off 2 you and your team it is a hard job which very few can do so calls come a lot and even if they where alive at least teh famly new how hard you tried to get there to many ppl would have said screw it I'm not going or i get there tomorrow but not you once again hats off to you and your team keep up the good work