Your #1 resort/hotel/motel/rental recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Name of resort/hotel/motel: Immerse Yourself Safaris
Number of times I've stayed there: 10+
Date that I last stayed there: March 2010
Dive OP recommendation if not located on premise: Travels with you! You get to dive the best dive sites in South Africa plus visit a game reserve to see Africa's big 5. Best of both worlds!

www.immerseyourselfsafaris.co.za

Name of resort/hotel/motel...: Borneo Divers Mabul Resort
Number of times I've stayed there: 3 times from 2004 to 2010
Date that I last stayed there: feb2010 (will return in august)
Dive OP recommendation if not located on premise: integrated dive operation.

Some of the best diving anywhere in the world from large stuff to weeny macro, voted last year best house reef in South East Asia (AsianDiver), unlimited shoredives formula, enthusiastic dive guides and boatmen, Nice wooden terraced bungalows overlooking a tropical garden, watching the turtles surface while sipping a Tiger beer on the deck... that asian feeling...
(Was paradise when we could stay directly on Sipadan island six years ago)

Name of resort/hotel/motel/liveaboard: Wananavu Beach Resort, Vitu Levu, Fiji
Number of times I've stayed there: 1
Date that I last stayed there: February, 2002
Dive OP: Crystal Divers

(Was paradise when we could stay directly on Sipadan island six years ago)
Yes! 15 years ago I stayed in one of Borneo Divers huts right on the beach--2 meters from the water at high tide. It was paradise, and I am happy to say that I appreciated just how special it was back then.

Name of resort/hotel/motel...: Scuba Club Cozumel
Number of times I've stayed there: 2 times
Date that I last stayed there: Apr 2010
Dive OP on premise

I have to change my previous "favorite". Before I said CCV in Roatan, which I still love and say it is amazing, but now I MUST change to Scuba Club Cozumel for several reasons.

Fabulous operation, runs like a well-oiled machine from check-in to check-out.
Dive op has roomy boats with camera tables and restrooms, place to walk around or sit on top deck in sun on your way to dive sites and back.
DMs are wonderful, not babysitters, let you dive your computer.
Shore diving is unlimited and some of the best dives in Cozumel! Tons of rubble in front of easy access stairs, tons of fish.
Food at resort is great to gourmet... it is all-inclusive but not buffet food. There is a menu that changes nightly for dinner (a fish dish, a chicken or beef dish, and a pasta, plus a vegetarian option) and also a choice of soup or salad and a choice of several luscious deserts. For lunch there is a special or you can order from the menu. Only thing not included is drinks.
No tv or phones, nothing to do but dive or talk about diving between meals. Great resort for divers!!!
Staff at hotel and restaurant treat you like you are the most important people they have ever met, first class service ALL the time.

robin:D

Name of resort/hotel/motel...:
Private residence rental owned by Paul Stopyra
bigdaddypaul at msn.com

Number of times I've stayed there:
once for 10 days

Date that I last stayed there:
May 2009

Dive OP recommendation if not located on premise
Pennecamp State park and surrounding waters

This is Pauls vacation home he rents out. He contacted me when I posted on Craigslist looking for a place to stay while we were diving down there.
Features of the rental;

3 bedrooms 2 baths, with 1 double,2 twins and 1 king size bed
house is raised with parking under the house
places to wash,dry and hang gear to dry
located in a quiet neighborhood right on the canal
boat launch with in a mile you can launch from and sail around to the rental
linens,towels provided
full kitchen with dishwasher
minutes away from good shopping and eateries

Im not sure what his rates are now but last year we got the place for 10 days for 700.00 plus a 300.00 deposit. Our deposit was returned to us on returning the keys. He also charges a cleaning fee.

I was a bit leary with it being CL but I did my research and assured myself it was not a scam deal, I talked with the local tax office and they send me the info verifying his ownership(He lives in Pennsylvania) . It was a great deal all around and a perfect place to stay
500_IMG_0981.JPG

500_paulshousecanal.jpg

Name of resort/hotel/motel...: GANNGA ISLAND RESORT
Date that I last stayed there: September 2009
Dive OP recommendation if not located on premise: OP on premise. Called GANGGA DIVERS

Name of resort/hotel/motel: Coco Beach Resort
Date that I last stayed there: November 2009

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom